I like computers and electronics — here is what I have going on at the moment, and some links to my electronics, homelab, and computer projects.
- Improve website dark mode and syntax highlighting
- I'm making some changes to my dark mode theme and code syntax highlighting.
- Single mode fiber between the house and garage
- I'm going to pull single mode fiber in an underground conduit between the house and garage.
- Expand and improve the water alarm on my RPi DIY security system
- Add custom actions to the water alarm; like turning off the dish washer and main water valve.
- Power and battery setup for the RPi DIY security system
- I still have some work to do on the power and battery setup on my home made security system.
- Measure outdoor temperature
- Use an old Raspberry Pi 2 and a DS18B20 probe to accurately measure outdoor temperature.
- Build a module to show electricity price and consumption
- I'm making a simple module, using WeMos D1 mini, to show the current electricity price and consumption — using LEDs.
- Underground power and conduits to garage and shed
- I'm running three-phase power and conduits, for fiber and outdoor lighting, to the garage and shed.
- Running MikroTik CHR as my border router
- Setting up a virtual instance of MikroTik's CHR router, and replace my EdgeRouter.
- DIY alarm system
- I'm making my own alarm system with Home Assistant, Zigbee, and some wired stuff.
- Home network V2
- I'm doing some big changes to my home network infrastructure.
- Network to the 2nd floor den
- Running CAT6 cables from the attic patch panel to our 2nd floor den.
- Network to the twins' rooms
- I'm running two CAT6 cables to my twins' bedrooms, will be terminated in the attic switch.
- Network run to refurbished hallway
- I'm running CAT6 cable to a future access point. Will be placed on a table in a hallway we are refurbishing.
- Try using NetBox
- I'm going to try to use NetBox to document everything; the rack, servers, network runs, switches — everything.
- Reducing my energy consumption
- With the current energy prices in Europe — I'm taking some steps to reduce my energy consumption.
- #electronics 67
- Arduino Uno 2
- AVR AT90S2313 3
- AVR AT90S8515 1
- AVR ATmega8 12
- AVR ATtiny2313 17
- Raspberry Pi 4
- Raspberry Pi Zero W 2
- WeMos D1 mini 3
- #home-assistant 14
- #homelab 27
- #hugo 19
- #linux 11
- #networking 33
- Python3 library for the PowerWalker PDU RC16 and ATS devices.
- A DIY security alarm system — powered by a Raspberry Pi. Supports hardwired and MQTT sensors.
- Something something pastebin, URL-shortener, and file dump.