It’s time for another ZFS pool expansion. When I last expanded; I doubled the capacity of my 2nd vdev — going from 16 TB to 32 TB raw capacity. This time I’m doubling again — replacing the last limiting drive, and fully utilizing the all the 8 TB drives 😃
Surprice UPS and shutdown test
A few days ago; sitting outside — drinking coffee and minding my own business, I received an email from my UPS:
Utility power not available.
My homelab had lost both power sources 😮 This whole area had a power outage — a good opportunity to do a UPS and power down test 😛
My ZFS SSD pool seems to be working!
I moved my main hypervisor, Alpha, into a new server case; a compact Inter-Tech with 8 hot-swappable bays in the front.
I also moved the four SSDs over from the failed ZFS SSD pool project, and this time it worked! 😃
My anticlimactic ZFS SSD pool story
This post was suppose to be a “look I made an SSD ZFS pool”, but will instead be the first post in a trouble-shooting series. Trying to get my SSDs to behave.
But — I am getting ahead of myself… Let’s start at the beginning.
I’m having no luck with ZFS on Arch Linux
I recently had a couple of 2 TB drives to spare, and thought I would put them to good use as a ZFS mirror on my Arch Linux desktop.